What Using Delta-8 Feels Like The First Time

By: Leah Johnson
Title: What Using Delta-8 Feels Like The First Time
Sourced From: cbdorigin.com/what-using-delta-8-feels-like-the-first-time/
Published Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:00:43 +0000

What Using Delta-8 Feels Like The First Time by Leah Johnson at CBD Origin

With Delta-8 becoming more and more popular, there are so many questions that arise: what does Delta-8 feel like? If it’s legal, how can there be a high? And if there’s a “high,” how similar is it to weed? All of these are legitimate questions, and while it’s difficult to fully answer these questions, we’re going to try today!

Delta-8 THC Gummies

Delta-8

I had the pleasure of trying my very first Delta-8 product from a company that offered a Delta-8 THC sample pack that comes with four fruit-flavored gummies for $9.99. There are other Delta-8 products available on this website, and several other online vendors that look reputable, but I wanted to try a small dose to see how my body reacted to it. The gummies were soft and small, , and the label said they contained about 25mg of Delta-8 THC per piece.

Taste Test

I ate my first Delta-8 THC gummy at about 10:30 PM. While there wasn’t a strong hemp scent to the pieces, there was definitely a moderate flavor of hemp. I noted that the gummies were very chewy and tasted strongly of artificial watermelon. The watermelon flavor mingled with the hemp flavor was expected and not terribly unpleasant, though the hemp flavor was very noticeable. The texture of the gummies was somewhat firm, almost like eating a gummy candy that had been left out in the open air for a while. I noticed after I swallowed that there was a very slimy coating left on my teeth and tongue, with a bitter aftertaste of hemp. A quick swig of water helped alleviate that aftertaste and sliminess, and I quickly forgot about it.

The Delta-8 THC Kicks In

The last thing I ate was a granola bar at about 8 PM, so I wasn’t hungry but I also wasn’t on a full stomach. I proceeded to do various chores (laundry, dishes, tidying up) while waiting for the gummies to kick in. For some reason, I wasn’t expecting the gummies to kick in until 2 hours, so I wasn’t really paying attention to when the gummies actually kicked in. About 45 minutes later, I was laying down and became aware of a very heavy sensation. It felt like a weighted blanket had settled upon me, but I felt comfortable and very relaxed. I realized this might be the Delta-8 gummies kicking in, so I checked on the average time that gummies took to work: 20 minutes. It had been over twice that amount of time, so I grabbed my laptop and took some quick notes.

Full Effects of the Delta-8 THC Gummies

Delta 8

I’ve taken weed gummies a few times in my life (maybe 4 times?) and I can honestly say the Delta-8 high was such a pleasant experience. I felt the same heady feeling and lethargy from weed, but was still mentally clear-headed and very calm. For me, I experience a firm pressure in my sinuses when I get high, along with a slight pressure on the back of my skull. I experienced a bit of cottonmouth, but nothing that was uncomfortable. I noticed that it hurt slightly to move my eyes quickly and that staring at a smartphone screen caused my eyes to slightly lose focus. I was extremely relaxed, very lethargic, and had no real desire to move at all. Yet, I knew that I had the clarity and ability to get up if I needed to. I forced myself to get up and finish my laundry, but I distinctly remember the feeling of being very annoyed to be on my feet and moving. I wanted to be laying down and relaxed! I noted that the task of doing my laundry seemed to sway between taking forever and taking the expected amount of time. Once I finished my laundry, I went back to lying down.

Once I was back to lying down, I could really appreciate the heavy feeling and felt the high intensify over the next hour. Time seemed to move by peacefully. I had moments where reality would gradually fade away into nothing, but in the next instant I felt alert and awake. Then the haze slowly drifted back down on me like a gentle rain cloud. Some moments I would feel like I was sinking into my bed, but then effortlessly coming back up, almost like being on a waterbed. The whole experience was like weed without the anxiety or nervousness. I felt more creative and descriptive in my thoughts, and noticed that my sense of touch was heightened in a very pleasurable way. At times I would feel sleepy yet fully alert, conscious that this was one of the effects of Delta-8.

Only once did I get extremely thirsty and was conscious of the strong hemp taste in my mouth. As the high progressed, I discovered slight mental resistance to performing tasks such as raising my arms or shifting my weight on the bed. I was able to search my brain for memories and specific words, but it felt a lot like swimming through a sea of aloe vera. Difficult, but entirely possible.

Final Thoughts

Fit

I read that the effects of Delta-8 THC can last anywhere from 4-5 hours. Due to how late I took my first Delta-8 gummy, I experienced about half of that when I fell asleep around 12:30. I was able to drift effortlessly into sleep and slept soundly through the night. I don’t believe that I dreamed, but I also know that I didn’t wake up at all during the night. I woke up feeling refreshed and energized, which I attribute to the relaxing high. I don’t recommend driving with Delta-8 in your system or taking before going into a social setting (party, concert, restaurant, etc.) as all I wanted to do was lay down and enjoy the high. I could definitely see myself getting addicted to these, especially since I don’t ever feel the effects of CBD. The Delta-8 high is extremely similar to weed, but without the paranoia and anxiety. It literally felt like I was high, but completely in control.

I recommend Delta-8 products wholeheartedly for people who have trouble sleeping or just need a break from reality without turning to actual marijuana. The mellow feeling was very relaxing, just not as suffocating as weed can be. With my marijuana experience, I felt like I was losing myself and powerless to stop the high from intensifying. With Delta-8 THC, I was able to enjoy the high. The high never increased to the point where I felt like I’d feel this way forever. I was in control and I was enjoying the high! If you’ve ever been scarred by marijuana highs but want to experience the weighted floaty sensation, I strongly suggest you check out your local Delta-8 options. This is a delightful heady high experience you won’t want to miss!

CBD Origin is the premier source for CBD knowledge and information. Find informative articles, helpful guides, the latest news, and more at CBDOrigin.com

Curated by Thc 420 Hemp



source https://cbdorigin.com/what-using-delta-8-feels-like-the-first-time/

Comments